First Wedding Anniversary

Seven years and nine months ago tonight, I went on my first date with a guy who I didn’t really know, but from whom I soon would become inseparable. And then one year ago today, I donned an enormous dress. I walked down the aisle of Evangelisch-Lutherische St. Matthäus-Kirche in San Francisco, California, and pledged to love and cherish him until death us do part.

On our wedding day, friends, family and our wedding photographer Rhonda Geidt snapped more than 1,600 photographs as we celebrated our union around the city, and at the Sir Francis Drake Hotel. Here are a few dozen of my favorites, courtesy of Rhonda Geidt Photography, RC, KN-C, MM, and KJ…enjoy!

12346 7891011 12 1314 15 1617 18 1920 21 2223 24 2526 26b 26c26d 27 2829 30 3132 33 3435 36 37 38 39 40 Lisa-Vedran-Wedding-8153 Lisa-Vedran-Wedding-8165

7 comments for “First Wedding Anniversary

1. September 30, 2014 at 00:43

Happy Anniversary! Gorgeous photos. What’s the story with the map?

Liked by 1 person

• September 30, 2014 at 21:11

Thank you! The world map was the background for the escort cards at our wedding reception dinner. It was just an idea for a design element that our wedding planner had knowing that my husband and I love to travel, and many of our wedding guests traveled to attend, including from Germany and Macedonia . 🙂

• October 1, 2014 at 00:42

Very nice idea, it was a gorgeous map. I have a large map that I’ve been meaning to frame so I can hang it up. I love maps and globes.

Liked by 1 person

2. Adrianna Stankovich
    October 22, 2014 at 03:12

Hi! I came across your blog and as a married female aspiring FSO, I was so happy to find it! I studied in Russia, so I completely understand learning such a difficult language. You’r wedding pictures are lovely! I notice the pictures with the crowns. My husband and I were married in a Ukrainian church and we also had crowns!

Thank you so much for writing this blog. I’m really happy to be able to read about the perspective of a woman in the Foreign Service!

Adrianna

Liked by 1 person

• October 22, 2014 at 14:32

Thanks Adrianna! Orthodox Christian weddings are so beautiful. 🙂 May I ask what you were studying in Russia? Are you currently a candidate for the Foreign Service?

• Adrianna Stankovich
        August 4, 2016 at 11:30

I lost track of your blog and after trying off an on for a few years I finally found it again!

I studied abroad twice in Russia as an undergrad studying language, culture, literature, and history. It was an amazing experience. First in Fall 1999 and again in Spring 2002.

I just submitted my Personal Narratives a few weeks ago. This is my third round. The first one I took for practice. I wasn’t ready but I barely passed. The second I didn’t have a lot of time to study. I still knew I wasn’t ready, but I took it and barely failed. I’m hoping third times a charm!

Liked by 1 person

• August 4, 2016 at 22:49

Glad you found Collecting Postcards again, Adrianna! 🙂 Your time in Russia sounds interesting. I don’t think I would ever master the Russian language to that level, but I am getting by (kind of) with my consular Russian and the translation talents (when needed) of our local staff. Congrats on getting to the QEP three times! I too hope the third time will be a charm for you. Good luck on your journey!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

a rambling collective

Tales of connections, food and a sense of belonging.

Road Unraveled

Part-time travelers who want to inspire you to take a different vacation and go see the world!

Enchanted Forests

This Blog is about discovering the magic of forests in every aspect of life from a small plant in a metropolis to the forests themselves

diplomonkey

Chimping around the world!

The Unlikely Diplomat

We travel, some of us forever, to seek other places, other lives, other souls. – Anais Nin

Countdown To Freedom

A blog about health, the keto diet, massage, relationships & travel!

The Mongolian Way

Another Peace Corps Experience

Latitude with Attitude

Exploring the World Diplomatically

Let's Go Somewhere

Making the whole world my home.

Between England & Iowa

Exploring England, Iowa and everywhere in between!

Cu Placere

Joyce Hooley

DiploDad

Foreign Service Blog

Six Abroad

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." - Helen Keller

simple Ula

I want to be rich. Rich in love, rich in health, rich in laughter, rich in adventure and rich in knowledge. You?

A Diplomat's Wife

just another story

bama in the balkans

Experiences of a Peace Corps Volunteer in Macedonia

Adventures in Macedonia

A Peace Corps Story

Twelve Knots

My Journey to the Foreign Service

Sarah Jones Abroad

I am serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Kyrgyzstan, come read about my advetures

Notes From Post

A Diplomat's Life Abroad

Raised in the Foreign Service

40 years later, a TCK looks at the world through the lens of Embassy family life

Around the World in Thirty Years

A little ditty about our adventures in the Foreign Service

What is Kirby Doing?: Stories from life after Peace Corps

Job searching and re-adjusting to life in DC

memories over mohinga

a peace corps memoir

Bembes Abroad

Two People, Two Dogs...One New Country

Sending Postcards Home!

From travels around the world, with love..

Kelsey Schmitt

Travel & Lifestyle

Nomads By Nature: The Adventures Continue

We are a foreign service family currently posted in Windhoek, Namibia!!

Adventures Abroad

tales from a life abroad.

Texpatica

Ramblings about the life of a Texpat.

Emma & Nathan's Travels

Our worldwide travels beginning in the year 2017

Diplomatic Baggage

Perspectives of a Trailing Spouse, etc.

A Foot in Each World

Life, love, education, and adventure in foreign service.

Culture Shock

Staying in the Honeymoon Phase

I'm here for the cookies

A trailing husband's vain search for cookies in an unjust world

Caitlin Jean Russell

Travel Tips, Photographs and Experiences

The Good Things Coming

A blog about people, places, and ideas

The Blog of Travel

Motorbikes, dogs and a lot of traveling.

traveled.life/

A Traveled Life

The Trailing Spouse

My life as a trailing husband of a Foreign Service Officer

In-Flight Movie

Our Adventures in the Foreign Service

Audrey is (a)Broad

Things I do and see while living and traveling outside the USA

%d bloggers like this: