First Wedding Anniversary

Seven years and nine months ago tonight, I went on my first date with a guy who I didn’t really know, but from whom I soon would become inseparable. And then one year ago today, I donned an enormous dress. I walked down the aisle of Evangelisch-Lutherische St. Matthäus-Kirche in San Francisco, California, and pledged to love and cherish him until death us do part.

On our wedding day, friends, family and our wedding photographer Rhonda Geidt snapped more than 1,600 photographs as we celebrated our union around the city, and at the Sir Francis Drake Hotel. Here are a few dozen of my favorites, courtesy of Rhonda Geidt Photography, RC, KN-C, MM, and KJ…enjoy!

12346 7891011 12 1314 15 1617 18 1920 21 2223 24 2526 26b 26c26d 27 2829 30 3132 33 3435 36 37 38 39 40 Lisa-Vedran-Wedding-8153 Lisa-Vedran-Wedding-8165

8 comments for “First Wedding Anniversary

1. September 30, 2014 at 00:43

Happy Anniversary! Gorgeous photos. What’s the story with the map?

Liked by 1 person

• September 30, 2014 at 21:11

Thank you! The world map was the background for the escort cards at our wedding reception dinner. It was just an idea for a design element that our wedding planner had knowing that my husband and I love to travel, and many of our wedding guests traveled to attend, including from Germany and Macedonia . 🙂

• October 1, 2014 at 00:42

Very nice idea, it was a gorgeous map. I have a large map that I’ve been meaning to frame so I can hang it up. I love maps and globes.

Liked by 1 person

2. Adrianna Stankovich
    October 22, 2014 at 03:12

Hi! I came across your blog and as a married female aspiring FSO, I was so happy to find it! I studied in Russia, so I completely understand learning such a difficult language. You’r wedding pictures are lovely! I notice the pictures with the crowns. My husband and I were married in a Ukrainian church and we also had crowns!

Thank you so much for writing this blog. I’m really happy to be able to read about the perspective of a woman in the Foreign Service!

Adrianna

Liked by 1 person

• October 22, 2014 at 14:32

Thanks Adrianna! Orthodox Christian weddings are so beautiful. 🙂 May I ask what you were studying in Russia? Are you currently a candidate for the Foreign Service?

• Adrianna Stankovich
        August 4, 2016 at 11:30

I lost track of your blog and after trying off an on for a few years I finally found it again!

I studied abroad twice in Russia as an undergrad studying language, culture, literature, and history. It was an amazing experience. First in Fall 1999 and again in Spring 2002.

I just submitted my Personal Narratives a few weeks ago. This is my third round. The first one I took for practice. I wasn’t ready but I barely passed. The second I didn’t have a lot of time to study. I still knew I wasn’t ready, but I took it and barely failed. I’m hoping third times a charm!

Liked by 1 person

• August 4, 2016 at 22:49

Glad you found Collecting Postcards again, Adrianna! 🙂 Your time in Russia sounds interesting. I don’t think I would ever master the Russian language to that level, but I am getting by (kind of) with my consular Russian and the translation talents (when needed) of our local staff. Congrats on getting to the QEP three times! I too hope the third time will be a charm for you. Good luck on your journey!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Carpe Diem Creative

A soulful explorer living an inspired life

thebretimes

Time for adventure

Diary of a Gen-X Traveler

Traveling to experience places not just visit them!

Dr. Eric Perry, PhD

Psychology to Motivate | Inspire | Uplift

Trailing Spouse Tales

My Life As An Expat Abroad

silverymoonlight

My thoughts.

Wright Outta Nowhere

Tales from a Serial Expat

from the back of beyond

Detroit --> Angola --> Chile --> Cambodia--> India

adrift . . . but in a good way

the doings of the familia Calderón

I Think I'm Going to Like it Here

A little drama every day. ~Dramababyabroad

J.M.I.

Wanderings & Wonderings

The Multicultural Marketer

Inclusion Isn't Optional

LIVIN' THE HIGHLIFE

two humans, one cat, and our lives together in West Africa

travelin' the globe

my travels, my way. currently exploring eswatini and the rest of southern africa as a peace corps volunteer

Collecting Postcards

Foreign Service Officer and Returned Peace Corps Volunteer

a rambling collective

Possibilities of connections and a sense of belonging.

Road Unraveled

Part-time travelers who want to inspire you to take a different vacation and go see the world!

Enchanted Forests

This Blog is about discovering the magic of forests in every aspect of life from a small plant in a metropolis to the forests themselves

diplomonkey

Chimping around the world!

The Unlikely Diplomat

We travel, some of us forever, to seek other places, other lives, other souls. – Anais Nin

Countdown To Freedom

A blog about health, the keto diet, weight loss, family, relationships, travel & love!

The Mongolian Way

just a Rhode Island girl living in a Kazakh world

Latitude with Attitude

Exploring the World Diplomatically

Let's Go Somewhere

A life well-lived around the world.

Cu Placere

Experiences of a Peace Corps Volunteer in Macedonia

Adventures in Macedonia

A Peace Corps Story

Twelve Knots

My Journey to the Foreign Service

Sarah Jones Abroad

I am serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Kyrgyzstan, come read about my advetures

Notes From Post

A Diplomat's Life Abroad

Raised in the Foreign Service

40 years later, a TCK looks at the world through the lens of Embassy family life

Around the World in Thirty Years

A little ditty about our adventures in the Foreign Service

memories over mohinga

a peace corps memoir

Bembes Abroad

Two People, Two Dogs...One New Country

Sending Postcards Home!

From travels around the world, with love..

Kelsey Schmitt

Travel & Lifestyle

Nomads By Nature: The Adventures Continue

We are a foreign service family currently posted in Windhoek, Namibia!!

Adventures Abroad

tales from a life abroad.

%d bloggers like this: